Friday, March 4, 2011

Maggie!


Maggie already knows all about sitting for treats!

 Our new dog Maggie, adopted from Our Pal's Place, a dog rescue group in Woodstock, GA, http://www.ourpalsplace.org/

 


 Casey's class made and sold tag mags (magnets) as a school project, and gave all of the proceeds to Our Pal's Place.  The rescue people brought some dogs to school to accept the check and told the kids all about their group.  Casey has been wanting to adopt a dog ever since, and we finally found the right girl for us.  Maggie is part lab and part something short, she's not nearly as big as any lab I know.  And those aren't lab ears.
Maggie devoured her chew stick in about 5 minutes...and I thought that
would be a great distraction.  And she has already sent her first toy
to the trash.  Guess I better get some sturdier toys!
Jazzy is undecided about this new character.  We'll get her vote later...