Wednesday, May 6, 2009

around our house last week...

... we welcomed Spring! Things are starting to look alive in our gardens.


The vegetables are getting settled in nicely, and I moved all of the daylilies up closer to the house in a new rock garden.









Our new plum trees even have plums in them!






And the deck is also growing by leaps and bounds. Dave and Alex have been hard at work getting it ready for summer.














A few volunteers look promising, hopefully I don't regret my decision to spare their lives. These blue flowers came up everywhere, and I think are seeds from something the girls picked out last year. We cut out all of these wild grape vines last year when we cleared around the lake, so I am letting a few of them come back to see what they do.








We've had a few visitors, too. One of them ate the bark off this tree, but the other one was kinda cute, even though she ate all the brownies...